Monday, November 26, 2012

Noah

I thought you would enjoy a little update about Noah! The past couple of months have been a bit rough for him, especially when Shane was gone on his last trip, but I do believe that we are coming through the rough patch and it is great to see Noah pick up a bit. Noah is probably the child that we worry the least about. He is always so grown up, and can often carry a heavy load without us even knowing it. That is why it was so shocking to have him struggle the past few months.

He is going really well in school. He loves school and loves his class. He only has 8 people in his class and they are the same kids that he was with last year. It is a close group, but really good for him to have that stability I think. He loves Reading and just read another chapter book last night (a chapter book in 1 day)! He is great at Math, and loves all things Science. I have really been impressed with his drawing lately, and I would love for him to develop that skill a little further. I am trying my hardest to get him to like piano, but Dave is the one that loves the piano. Noah does great with the piano, but often doesnt want to do it. I do still think it is a good skill to learn even if it is only the basics.

He is really into "exercising"! Maybe that is because Shane and I have been trying to exercise lately. One of his friends made the basketball team at school, so Noah just loves basketball and there isnt a day that goes by when I dont hear that basketball bouncing!!! Noah is swimming really well, and enjoys that too.

Noah loves spending time with Shane. Anything with Dad and he is a happy boy! Their newest project....building a tent to sit and read under! They love making things together and building.

We are working real hard on developing a good, positive attitude in Noah. That is probably his biggest struggle. I really do hate seeing my sins mirrored in my kids behavior!!! I struggle with negativity too and I am all too sure that he has picked it up from me. So that is our focus right now, working hard with all our heart while smiling and having a positive, Godly attitude, obeying with out complaining and arguing. Noah really does have a pleasing spirit about him so it is not a huge battle, but definitely something we are all working on (Shane and I included).

Please pray for Noah. Coming up for him....next year is a bit unclear. We are unsure of when our visa will be ready so we are going to keep him in school as long as possible. We are just working all of that out now, but when it does come time to say good-bye, it will be difficult for him especially I'm sure. He is looking forward to moving though, and he says he understand why we have to move and why we are living here. We thank the Lord for Noah and are so very proud of our toothless boy!








1 comment: