Saturday, July 3, 2010

The First Week....

Well, it has been an interesting week. I am so glad to have Shane home to help. I just dont know what I would do without him. Maggie is settling in great. She is feeding and sleeping great. In fact, last night she slept from 9pm-3am...and then she went from 3am-7am! Wonderful! I really think that it wont be long before she is able to go from 9pm-5am. Both of the boys slept through the night really early on, and Maggie is doing even better than they were. She was feeding 4 hourly, but now that she is sleeping more at night she is having a few 3 hour feeds during the day. I dont mind though if it means I can sleep better at night.

I ended up going back up to the hospital one night this week. I was having a bit of trouble with bleeding, and since my levels are so low-I have to go back in if there is even a question of too much bleeding. The hospital was great. They got me a bed right away and took good care of me. We were only there 3 hours total (not bad for emergency at the Bundy Base Hospital)!! My blood pressure was good and my blood levels were what they were when we left hospital so that is good too. I just have to keep a watch on everything and get plenty of rest.

I went out for the first time on Friday. We went to some of the toy sales. It was a big day for my first day out, but I do feel so frustrated just staying at home in bed. Shane pretty much lets me sleep all day, and I dont have any problem sleeping at night either. It is all tied into the blood loss (I lost 2.5 liters) that I experienced when I had Maggie and just normal sleeplessness! Anyways, it was good to get out and have some fresh air even if I was exhausted by the end of it all. I bought 2 outfits for Maggie. I have wanted to buy something for a girl for so long-so it was great to finally get a chance to do it. I stayed at home today to rest up so that I can try to go to church tomorrow. Everyone wants to see Maggie and it will be good to get out again.

Next week, I am resting again while I still have Shane at home on holidays. I am saving up my energy to go to church next Sunday. We are doing the service-well SHANE is doing the service. We are doing the mission's spot for both the morning and evening services, and he is preaching in the morning service. He has been sharing with me what he is going to speak about and it is going to be really good!!!! So next week-July 11th make sure you come to Bundaberg Baptist Church to hear about what the Lord is doing in Asia and to hear Shane!!!!

We had a garage sale this morning (or better yet-Shane did)! We have so much junk and we just really wanted to get rid of a lot of it and clear out a few things. We were so blessed that our friends, Tim and Cheryl, let us have it at their house in town. We made enough money to pay for our accomodation for when we travel up to North Queensland in September. Praise the Lord!!! We are so blessed! Deputation is hard in the fact that we are not currently on support so all of our travel expenses must come out of our own savings. It can be a bit strenuous at times financially, but the Lord is really being faithful to our family in providing ways for us to pay for things.

Well...I think that will do for now. There is so much to write and so much to tell, but I think I've been on here long enough and I need to feed Maggie. Oh-and by the way-the cloth nappies are going GREAT! I cant believe that I didnt do cloth with my other 2 kids. The only time we have used a disposable was when we went out on Friday and Maggie poohed so much that it leaked EVERYWHERE! YAY for cloth nappies-I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment