Well, I havent blogged much this week. I've been in bed since Wednesday with some sort of flu-like bug. I am back on my feet today, but I didnt go back to school on Thursday. I tried to study at home yesterday, but by lunch time, I was feeling rough so I stayed at home Friday as well. Hopefully, I'm picking up a bit and can get back to normal just in time for Shane to head off again on another trip!!!
On Wednesday afternoon, Shane will be heading to Beeland. I will be getting our prayer updates and calendars out this week. It's a big trip for him...lots of meetings. Our NGO (non-government organization.....the clean water project) is just about finalized, so we are starting work on visas so hopefully we can move in January. He has meetings with our co-workers, meetings with our national partners, and meetings with officials.
This trip is extra special because..Noah is going too!! He has been working really hard in school so we are saving this as a surprise. We havent even told him yet! Our co-workers (with the 3 boys) are going to have Noah while Shane is in meetings. Noah is going to love it. I wish Dave could have gone, but it is hard to predict what will stress him out and what will not. Maybe next time.
They are there till Saturday. On Saturday, Dave, Maggie, and I travel 2-4 hours to the big airport and meet Noah and Shane. Then we are off for our next visa run to Singapore. Our language visas became ready the week after we got back from our last trip!!! So we only have 30 days to pick up the visa. Hopefully, things will go smoothly and we will be home by the following Thursday. Then, we dont have to travel again until January.
Please pray for Dave. He has really struggled since Noah has gone back to school. He's very lonely and we are just trying to work through how best we can help meet his needs. He is a real extrovert, but he just couldnt cope in a local preschool. Ethan and his family are back now, so I am going to have Ethan once a week again. All this has really got me thinking about homeschooling and us living in Beeland. Westerners are going to be few and far...how am I going to meet my kids needs? How am I going to attack this homeschooling thing? Pray for me as I work through it. Once all of our co-workers are on the ground....we will have 13 kids, with Noah being the oldest. My mind has been churning through options.
Anyone out there want to come out and help me teach a bunch of kids??? Pray about it.....Seriously....
Thats all I'll say about that for now, but I really feel the Lord speaking to me about kids living on the field. It's stinking hard for them. What can I do? And now that my own kids are involved and homeschooling time is drawing near.....well....my brain is ticking.
Thanks for all those prayers! I will get out our prayer info before Shane leaves on Wednesday.
PS....Pray for Shane's language exam. It is Wednesday morning!!!
Friday, August 24, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment