This morning we decided to head over to Franklin to visit the church that my cousin, Mark, is pastor of. Wow...I am so glad that we did. We really enjoyed ourselves.
Each one of our kids got to go to their own Sunday School class-even Maggie! So cool! They had a proper Sunday School lesson and were fed a snack. Then, they got to have a play in the indoor play area. They had a blast. I just couldnt believe how many Sunday School teacher there were! The kids had one set of teachers for the Sunday School time (9:30-11:00) and then they had another set of teachers for the worship time (11:00-12:00). Maggie alone had 3 teachers for the Sunday School time and 3 teachers for the worship time!!!! I went to check on her once because I had left something in her bag that I needed, and she was having a blast playing in one of those bouncy toys!
I just cant tell you enough good things about it. While the kids were in Sunday School, Shane and I went to our own Sunday School class. Then, we went to the 11:00am worship service. ALL ON OUR OWN! I cant remember the last time we did that.
We had such a great time, and I think we are going to try and go there from now on. It is a little drive away, but it is worth it.
Great Preaching + Great Sunday School = Happy Kids and Happy Parents!
Afterwards, we went and had lunch with Mark and Tiffany. So great to catch up with them and to just spend time talking with like minded folk! We didnt get home till 3:00pm in the afternoon. Such a great day.
Sunday, March 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment