Sunday, December 4, 2011

Life is crazy...

Well, I havent posted because it has been crazy. Surprised?

On Friday, I woke up to the sad news that my Dad had a stroke. It is so hard being far away from home when things like this happen. We really struggle with this as a family. It is really hard for me because it is my parents that I am worried about. Please pray for them. Love you Mom and Dad.

I had to go to Noah's school on Friday because his teacher-Aunt Marilyn was 65 years old. All the parents had a birthday lunch for her complete with party hats and cake! We had pizza for the kids and spaghetti for the parents. It was fun and nice to say thank you for all Aunt Marilyn does. I cant believe she is 65 and hanging with a class of 1st graders! She has been here for over 30 years. What an amazing teacher!

On Saturday, we had a lot of things to get done. Our windshield wipers had stopped working on Friday, and we have to get them fixed because it is wet season. We were just going to drop in and get them fixed on Saturday, but ended up waiting 3 hours for them to fix it. Yeah...3 hours in the hot car with 3 kids. We had promised to take the kids to a little playground here. So we stuck to it, and did it anyways even though we were so exhausted.

On Saturday night, we celebrated Christmas with the Aussies. It was great. Awesome food and awesome fellowship. It was nice to have lamb, ham, roast veggies, and potato salad again! We havent had any of that for 5 months now. It was a nice Christmas.

On Sunday, we stayed in and had a rest day. But really...do you ever rest when you have 3 kids running around? I sure dont feel like we do. I ended up doing piano lessons with the boys, and then we played board games and watched a movie.

Shane had a rough afternoon on Sunday, and his back is giving him lots of trouble. So, we decided to sit down with some swiss-miss (hot chocolate from the states) and watch a movie after the kids went to bed. It was so nice to just veg and do nothing. We did end up staying up late...and now the cycle starts again and we are tired yet again.

We feel like we go through times here when we are so tired...just exhausted. Every once in awhile I find that I need to sleep for a day. Our friends here have had the same happen to them...they call it the Asia flu! It has only happened twice to me...and I rest/sleep and I'm fine after that. I feel like we read ourselves pretty well and if we need rest we take it. A good lesson learned from living in Vietnam!

We are definitely looking forward to school holidays that is for sure. Our last day of school for us and Noah is December 16th. We probably wont go on the 16th because Noah only has a 1/2 day of school that day with a special chapel. His Christmas program is on the night of the 15th at school. He is in the play...The Christmas Carol. He is a towns person. He is cute...dressed in a nice little green suit. He looks so grown up.

Well...I'm going to be late to class if I keep blogging so I better run. Will try to get some more posts up. We are pushing strong with our language for the next 2 weeks! Pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment