Friday, December 23, 2011

Merry Christmas

I am determined to watch It's A Wonderful Life today. Determined!

I must say we are having a great time off from school, but we are struggling this Christmas. Far away from friends...family...and all that is familiar.

It is funny how I read about friends complaining about shopping and the craziness with Christmas. I would love some of that right now...fighting the lines at Target...or Walmart. Where we can buy what we need. It is often cheap, but at least it still manages to stay together while our kids play with it.

We got Maggie a sink and oven made. It was  cheap...but that was our only option unless we wanted to go to an import store and pay $200 for a plastic kitchen. This afternoon the door fell off the oven. Just cheap materials...nothing is good quality here. Frustrated! We bought the boys bikes for Christmas. Yeah...they were cheap. One is new and the other is used....so why does the new one look older than a bike that my friend's kids have had for years? That is just life here I guess.

So really...the next time you complain about prices....lines...stores....at least think that you are getting good things for your kids.

Just a little venting....Surely you dont mind?

We have a busy day today just getting the kids Christmas presents in order...fixing them...cleaning them up and praying they can stay together long enough for them to open them. I really am thankful for people who sent us packages and for family who sent presents. So good to know that the kids get some nice things this Christmas.

We are headed to our fellowship tonight. Noah is singing and playing the handbells! I cant wait. We are making our Christmas cookies this afternoon. We are all so excited. We have really focused on Advent this year and the real meaning for Christmas. We are all enjoying it come to an end and looking forward to sitting down to read the Christmas story together tonight.

Tonight...Shane and I are sitting down after getting everything ready, and we are going to enjoy a good laugh watching Clark Griswold have Christmas!! Looking forward to our date night...that is what they look like now. Kids in bed...us in the lounge room!!!

Tomorrow...life will go on here like it is nothing special. While all day, we will be at home celebrating Jesus. We will be enjoying our small little ham that we bought-which was more expensive than any present I must say!!!!

Thanks so much for those of you who remember us daily. You uphold us and we are so very thankful that you are journeying with us. Praying you all have a wonderful Christmas. Will post some pictures when I get a chance between the kids...the ham...and calling family tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment