Saturday, May 12, 2012

3 sleeps and counting...

Friday was good. Dave and I ended up staying home most of the day. Usually, we go to playgroup at a friends house, but hand, foot and mouth is going around so we decided to stay in and relax. We worked on Letter H, read some books, etc.

I had a great language class on Friday, and I am moving right along with book 3. I'm already on lesson 4 (out of 20)! YAY for progress! Not just progress....but progress while single parenting!

Friday afternoon was the Teacher Appreciation afternoon at Noah's school. I was not impressed! First, there was no where for parents to sit. That was kind of hard with 2 kids. Thanks to Robyn, I got to sit with the 12th grade class. Ha! Then, they had snack before it started. I ended up leaving after Noah's class sang a song to Aunt Marilyn. I really just wanted Noah to be there for his part. I am so grateful for Robyn's help. The teachers ended up sitting at the front at tables, so she couldnt sit with us. Instead, she got Dave and he sat with her at the "big table". He loved it, and was really spoilt!

I was so relieved to get home Friday. I promised the kids a new movie for movie night. Only problem is that we had internet problems....so that was difficult. We had a good night anyways, and Noah finished a lot of his reading for the weekend.

Today, it is now 2pm and we have only just gotten home from the morning at Robyn and Kevin's house. What a great morning for the kids...washing their dog, playing with their turtle, walking to the park, and having Australian morning tea and lunch. I have noticed the kids really clinging to "Australian" things lately. Noah is studying about Australia at school so maybe that is why. He thinks it is so special that Aunt Robyn and Uncle Kevin are Australians (well, actually Aunt Robyn is from New Zealand, but I just dont have the heart to tell the boys that)!

I didnt get to talk with Shane yesterday, but I got a text from him saying that the skin doctor was all clear. The spots he had reappear are only scarring tissue. He is with our teammate and having a fruitful time. They are still raising support so pray Shane is an encouragement to him. The conference started, and Shane said it was awesome. He couldnt believe how many people want to come work with us!! Remember though, this is a secular forum. Today, he was doing his presentation...and specifically going to talk about WHY we are doing what we are doing. You know Shane...no holding back! I pray it went well. I will keep you updated.

I finished some sewing projects...the bunting for David and the doctor bag. So fun. Well...time for a rest while the kids are resting. Much love!





No comments:

Post a Comment