Thursday, May 10, 2012

4 more sleeps to go...

We are down to only 4 sleeps now! Believe me....we are all counting down.

We had a chance to talk to Shane last night. He is going great. Eating steak, bacon, and lollies. I think he's had fish and chips too. He went to the doctor for his check-up. He had a skin infection and is on antibiotics, but other than that everything is good. The doctor said we need to make sure we are eating good and exercising. Maybe that doctor could come babysit our kids so we could exercise? He went into our head office yesterday to take care of a few things. That went really well I think, and he was real encouraged from all of our friends there. He is doing a bit of a debrief with them, and talking to them about our move coming up and our platform. So valuable for us to have their input! Other than that, I think he has only been to Woolworths. I think that was a shock for him. He said it was weird because he knew where things were, but it didnt feel normal to be in a real grocery store! Reverse culture shock!!!!!

Hopefully, he will call again tonight and the kids can talk with him again. They are really missing him. Dave is stuttering a little, but he is going well without Dad here. I often dont realize how close the boys are to Shane until he is gone. This morning Noah asked if they could not go swimming today because I just dont "do it" very well. Just great!

This afternoon we have a teacher appreciation event at Noah's school! If I can make it through most of that...or at least the part that Noah is participating in...then I will be home free and not have too many major things left to do!

Last night, I enjoyed having my friend, Robyn over. She is so encouraging to me and always a big help with the kids while Shane is gone.

I am working on a few sewing projects while Shane is gone. Tonight, I should finish some bunting that I have been working on for Dave. Then, I am working on making a doctor bag for Dave's doctor toys. Before Shane left, I went down to the fabric market and got material for new sheets for Noah, Dave, and Maggie. I want to get Maggie into the big bed, but I wont do it until I have her bed all pink!!!! Dave and Noah were in the big bed by 12 months old, but I have just not wanted Maggie to give up the cot! She needs to stay a baby forever, right? I was so excited to find Thomas material for Dave! He is so excited. Noah chose Manchester United material. So funny. There was a lot of Mickey Mouse material so I was shocked when he wanted soccer sheets. First, he wanted Chelsea material, but I convinced him that Uncle Pete would never come visit unless he had Manchester United sheets!!! I got Strawberry Shortcake material for Maggie. So, I am working on making the sheets too. I am attempting fitted sheets for the bottom. Should be interesting!!

I have noticed too that I am a bit clingy to the kids. I really feel quite lonely, and cant wait for them to get up so I can talk with them! I found Noah and Dave in bed together the past 2 mornings. They arent even talking, just cuddling together.

Language is going great! So far, the kids have slept really well during their naps. We all seem to be really exhausted so anytime we lay down we are all sleeping pretty hard.

Be thinking of Shane today. I think he has meetings today, and he is also going to the skin doctor for a check up as well. A few sun spots he had cut out have come back, so I am praying that if he has to have some removed again that they will be able to do it quickly and that it wont be a hassle for him.

Well, I have to run. I just found Dave with some medical powder. He was making snow for his Thomas track. What an imagination that kids has!

No comments:

Post a Comment