Sunday, May 16, 2010

Hervey Bay

We had a really great weekend sharing with our friends in Hervey Bay! I was so encouraged on Sunday! It was good to see familiar faces and just to enjoy our time catching up with everyone. Deputation is so different this time around though! It was strange to sit with the kids through church and watch Shane give our presentation on his own. So weird not to be up there with him. This was our first "church" on our deputation route-He did a really good job with the presentation and the preaching. I found myself really enjoying the message-it was great to see how much he has grown since he has been studying so much!

Deputation is so different with kids! I must admit that I thought I was prepared for the chaos, but I dont think I was. When we did deputation the first time...it was crazy! Now.....it is...well...even crazier!!!! Just getting us all organized to go is a huge task.  I managed to forget a few things this time too. Thankfully, my friend, Tamra, was able to help me out and it was no big deal.  I have decided that I must have everything ready to go the night before-even if we are leaving late in the afternoon the next day. That way it isnt as stressful as it was on Saturday.

Above is a photo of Noah that I took on Sunday. It was a real treat for him to get to go to Sunday School with the Risser Girls. He really really enjoyed it!!! Dave even sat through the story time as well! I think that traveling to churches will be really good for the boys-just having new and different experiences. God has really blessed us with children who travel well!!! They are like Shane and actually seem to thrive on the new experiences and new people. They were even upset when they found out we were going home and not back to the motel to sleep last night!

We are all still quite sick with coughing! It seems to be going around. We are just trying to take the week to rest and fix up any things that need to be done with our presentation for this upcoming weekend when we will be in Brisbane. I am in the processing of doing a huge mail-out. I really hope to be finished this week and hopefully we will get everything in the mail by the weekend.

Thanks so much for all of you who are praying for us. It is a crazy time, especially until we get into a "traveling" routine. Then once we get settled...we will have another baby to throw into the mix! We are so encouraged to get the opportunity to share with so many people. Most people think that deputation is just about raising funds-but really-it is about so much more than that. I realize that this time around-and I'm really praying that the Lord will open my eyes and help me to just sit back and enjoy the ride and my time with Shane and the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment