Saturday, September 10, 2011

Me

How am I going? Pretty well. I must say that my biggest struggle at the moment is just physical strength to do all of the things I need to do!!!!

Spiritually, I have never been better. I love my 5:30 quiet time with just me, the Lord, and my coffee. I find myself giving my kids over to the Lord every single day! It is so different this time around with 3 kids in tow! It is more challenging in some ways and more rewarding in others.

I am studying the language like I have never studied before! I think I probably put in a solid 20 hours of studying with my teacher this week. That is a lot!!!! Especially when we never really get a break from the language (when we go out, etc). I am enjoying it, but it is tiring when I still need energy for the kids after all the study! Maybe you can pray for me to create that healthy balance between working hard with the language and working hard at being a mom.

I have started driving. I have never driven a manual before so Shane is teaching me. I started out driving in our neighborhood and this past week, I started driving around Dave's school. There are lots of hills there so I practice hill starts. Lots of stalling and lots of rolling backwards!!! I am doing it though and I am so proud!!!! Hopefully, soon I will be able to drive on my own!

I've been painting a lot lately. I painted a canvas for each kid with their verse on it. It really brightens their room and they love it. I find it helps me relax to paint. I am not very good, but the kids don't know that!!

I am about to start sewing. I am tired of depending on others to do it. I feel like I can teach myself and Maggie will need some sheets when she moves to the big bed. Sheets are too expensive to buy and the material is easy enough to buy and it helps me practice language.

I managed to successfully get a haircut today and as you can see in the picture below... It didn't turn out too bad! I used what language I had as they didn't speak English.

Well, that is me. I feel I'm going really good. I have my ups and downs, but considering all the cultural stress...not bad at all. Thanks for all your prayers. The best thing you all can do for me is to continue to pray for the kids!!!! I find myself praying all the time for various things, but it makes me glad to know people are specifically praying for the kids!!!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment