Well, I am 24 hours into my typhoid medicine and I am already seeing an improvement. I feel like I have a lot more energy, which is great. My headache is still hanging around a little, and I am struggling to eat (the sight of food makes me sick), but just having more energy is great. I have never been so grateful for all of my friends here. They have really been watching out for me. I went to school today, and my teachers were quite worried. Once I told them that I had my vaccination in Australia, then they understood that my infection is not as bad as theirs was (since getting here 2 of our teachers have had typhoid). We really had a good talk about it. The vaccination here is just too expensive and the local people cannot afford it, so they just try to survive it if they get it. The medicine also is very expensive and many people (my teachers included) cannot even afford that. It really puts things into perspective I guess. We are very fortunate to have vaccinations and money for medicine.
I am going to go rest a bit. I want to make sure I am rested enough to get to school tomorrow. I am not pushing it though-so please dont be worried!
Before I go, however, I thought I would leave you a picture of the little rat that got washed with my clothes last week. I put my clothes on like normal, and when I was hanging the clothes out (after they were washed), I found this little guy in with the clothes. Yes, I stood and screamed for ages because well the thought of it all just made me a little crazy. Then I had to get it out of the machine and re-wash all of my clothes. The funny thing is that I cant figure out how it got in the machine. It either (a) climbed in the machine from the bottom or (b) was in my laundry basket and I just dumped it into the machine with the clothes. You be the judge, but I would prefer to think that it climbed in the machine. That is what I will tell myself to keep sane.
Enjoy the photo!
Monday, February 6, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment