First of all...I just need to say that Noah had a WONDERFUL time at camp! We are just so proud of him and so thankful for this opportunity for him to learn and grow-to know more about the Lord and to see his faith just take off!
I got my test results this morning. My over all blood count was good (which means no Dengue), but my Typhoid test results were not that good. My nurse friend (one of our co-workers here) said that it looks like I have paratyphoid. Now...I'm no doctor, but let me try and explain it. Because I was vaccinated in 2010, my vaccination is still good. It is good for 3 years. Somehow, I have come in contact with Typhoid (spread through feces which is in contaminated water or food...what a pleasant thought!). Thankfully though, my vaccine has helped me in that I dont have full blown typhoid, but I do have a small form of it.
I have never been so thankful for vaccinations in my entire life. I would be so much more worse and probably bed ridden if not for that vaccination! I still went to school 2 days last week, and I think if I rest today I will be good tomorrow. I went out yesterday morning, but after I was out and about-my head was hurting so bad and I had to go to bed. At school, it is easy because I am sitting down all the time at a desk.
My friend called in an antibiotic for me this morning. Pharmacies deliver here (yes...so weird) and they had it to our house in about an hour. I am on normal typhoid antibiotics (as if I had the full blown infection) for the next 10 days and that should get rid of everything bad that is in my body. My own body is doing a pretty good job of that though all on it's own. I still dont really have an appetite, and I feel sick after eating.
All I can do now is to rest and take my medicine. No one else can get it as long as I am washing my hands, etc. Basic hygiene once again!!! Just washing hands can prevent so much sickness. I have so much to blog about though and so many pictures to share-you will have to be patient with me because looking at the computer screen makes my headache worse!
Thanks so much for all of your prayers. I am really starting to feel a bit better and now that I have medicine I should get rid of it once and for all. I am glad that I was exercising and eating right...really taking care of myself has helped me deal with it all too. I'm just glad it is me and NOT the kids that are sick!
I will keep you updated! Much love!
Saturday, February 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment