Well, I really dont feel like writing this post, but I feel like you need to hear about Dave. I was just so happy to write to you earlier about Dave saying that he wanted to go home to Malang. We really felt that Dave had turned a corner, and we were moving forward from that horrible experience he had at Kidsland. In fact, we did move forward, I do believe that.
Yesterday, the boys started class at our language school. We know all the teachers there, and we feel the boys need to progress a bit more with their language. Noah did great. He was pumped and loved it. Dave went from 3-4 in the afternoon, and Noah from 4-5 in the afternoon. We only want it to be on Thursdays...just 1 day a week. Although, Noah is asking to go everyday. We know their teacher well, and we felt confident that the kids would enjoy it.
Dave did not go well at all. In fact, it is really evident that he has some deep scars from what happened at kidsland. In fact, in the past few weeks, we have gone from him wanting to go home to our home here to wanting to go back to Australia. He is now saying he hates the people here. Shane even sat in with Dave during his little class yesterday, and Shane ended up getting me out of class (my class is from 1-5 and our language school is just a small house) because Shane was seeing that he wasnt coping. The teacher was good, but it seems Dave has been keeping a lot of things under the surface. In fact, we do now believe that the teachers at kidsland told him that the police would come and get him because he was naughty. He said again yesterday, that he would have to go to the police because he was naughty.
So, we are still working through issues from his experience in August at kidsland. He is a child that pushes the boundaries, but I do really feel that him acting naughty is his way of coping with what is happening to him. After talking with the counselor at our meetings, I just really felt for Dave and what he has been through. We really thought that this experience would be positive at our school, but I dont think it is going to work. I feel ok about that, but I feel a bit down just from the whole ordeal. I guess we did more forward, but once again we are struggling with this situation and trying to patiently walk through it with him.
He was up all night last night screaming about going to Hell. No joke. He says that all the people at the m*sque are going to Hell and that he doesnt want to go their either (and yes...if he sees locals at the m*sque...he tells them loud and clear that they are going to Hell). He says he wants to follow Jesus and that he is sorry for the bad things he has done, but I still in my heart dont feel like he understands completely. I just feel this huge weight on me at the moment about Dave.
So please dont stop praying for him. We know we just have to journey with him, but man it was difficult yesterday to see him not coping well. He really has no choice over his life, and I have really been trying to see things through his eyes lately. Just pray for Shane and I to let go of our own dreams and ideals for David. God loves him way more than we do, and God is still sovereign over this situation. We must trust Him. Just pray for us to have strength and wisdom...we dont want to push David and create more problems. He will probably not do any language at this stage. Noah will continue, and in fact we may let Noah go on Tuesdays for an hour and then Thursdays for an hour. He is so keen. Noah is feeling the weight too about Dave and seems quite concerned.
For now, with Dave, he is safe and comfortable at home so we will try to go back a bit and just focus on getting him to ride his bike again in our neighborhood. He says he doesnt want to go out...so we start over again. Slowly-taking one day at a time...while praying like crazy, trusting that God is working in all things.
Thursday, April 19, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment