Wednesday, June 20, 2012
I Made it!
I made it to Atlanta. It was so much travel...48 hours without any proper sleep. The transit hotel in Singapore had no rooms so I ended up resting from midnight till about 3:30am in a chair. At 3:30, I went to get my bag sorted. Because I arrived in transit, I was unable to get my bag unless I cleared customs...which I didn't want to do. United airlines ended up getting my bags for me and transferring them and I had new baggage tickets waiting for me when I boarded my flight to Tokyo.
The flight to Tokyo was 6 hours and then Tokyo to Chicago was 11 hours. I ended up going through Tokyo because there was a typhoon in Hong Kong. It seemed like such a long trip. Maybe because I never got a rest in Singapore. So many kids were crying on the Tokyo to Chicago leg!! So thankful the kids weren't with me because it was rough for me on my own!!! I felt like I was running from gate to gate and I mostly barely made it on time to each flight!
Nice to be in Atlanta now. My cousin, Carla, had dinner ready and some new undies, pjs, and toiletries waiting for me. I feel like a queen!!!! Heather, my sister, and her long time friend, Anne, picked me up. I had lots of goodies waiting for me from Mom and Dad too.
So nice to drink clean water from the tap, sleep in the quiet air conditioning, and to see so many green trees! I've been shocked to see the way Americans are dressing. Oh my word, they need to cover up!!!! Maybe I've been in an Islamic country too long!!!! I feel like getting them a blanket!!! So strange to see black people too. I love it! I enjoyed drying my hair with a hair dryer last night....so nice!!
I'm feeling a bit better flu and stomach wise. Praise the Lord! I haven't had stomach problems since Singapore, and the drugs I got from home before I left have helped with the flu. I think now, I just need to recover from the flight. A security man in Chicago asked me if I was ok. Ha!!! I told him I'd been traveling for 2 days and the security line in Chicago was 2 hours so I was just tired! He couldn't believe it! I'm not even sure he knew where Indonesia was!!!!
Well, I gotta run. We drive to Nashville to see my parents...then onto Dyersberg, Tennessee on Thursday for wedding stuff. I'll update when I can. I'm about to chat with Shane and the kids!!! Oh I miss them!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment