Sunday, October 2, 2011

Looking Ahead

I am really looking forward to the week ahead. I am so excited to be starting school this week. We have had a great weekend of resting and recharging. As I type, Shane and Maggie are still having their afternoon sleep. It is almost 4 and they have been asleep since 1!!!!

We have had some good times of Bible study too. This afternoon, I was reading the story of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego. As I was reading about them refusing to bow down to the golden image, I heard the call to prayer. Wow...this really helped put things in perspective for me. I never want to loose sight of the goal.

Yesterday, we got some good news on the medical front. We went to a welcome fellowship time for our group here that meets on Sundays. A nurse has been compiling lists of the blood types of all expats (in case of sickness or needing a transfusion). We found out that all 5 of us are A positive. This is really great news. It may seem strange, but a few of our co-workers were evacuated to Singapore last year for Dengue Fever. Sometimes, blood transfusions can be needed if Dengue is bad enough. We really count this as a blessing know that we can all help each other out if the need ever came up!

Keep us in your prayers this week. Another week of trying to establish a routine for our little family!

No comments:

Post a Comment