Saturday, August 6, 2011

A bit of everything...

Well, it has turned off a little too cold for our liking here. At night it has been 17 degrees C and maybe 28 degrees C during the day. It is nice during the day, but we are freezing at night. We havent been able to find any blankets either! We certainly didnt come with blankets that is for sure! We try to keep our fans going at night to drown out the call to prayer so it doesnt wake any of us up. So for now...it is quite chilly here at night!

Yesterday, we spent the day at home doing some school and just playing around the house. Today, I went out trying to find some essentials for cooking. Pretty good selection here I must say. I was able to get baking soda, cocoa, flour, baking powder, cornflour, etc (but no blankets). I am glad we have come here first for the next year or so. It will be a good place for us to start language wise and cultural wise too.

Hopefully, we will start language next week. We want to go and check out the boys school as well and try to enrol them. Monday, I am hoping that I am able to give you some news on our visas as well. Keep praying!

Last night, Shane met the head man in our neighborhood. It went really well. It was actually the shop that we had bought water at earlier in the week!

Here is a picture of us in front of our house (our gate is on the right). We live in a middle class local neighborhood and it has lots streets for me to go on walks with the kids. Yesterday, Noah and Shane had a ride around the neighborhood. Today, Dave, Maggie, and I had a ride. Dave loved saying hello in the local lingo as we drove by everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment