Monday, August 1, 2011

Up and Running!

Hey guys! We have our internet up and running! Parents...we will try to call you all in the next few days.

It feels weird to be updating my blog on a computer. Much quicker and less typos!

We are settling in so to speak. The bags are unpacked. Shane is out shopping for us right now while the kids have their afternoon sleep. We really love the house here. Lots of windows...a good courtyard for the kids...lots of room for school. I'm having trouble getting my head around the fact that our kitchen is sort of outside of the normal living area. It isnt outside...but it is off a hallway. Just strange. Our washing machine is dead so we will have to get a new one. Hard to wash clothes without one. I think there is an issue with our gas stove so we are getting that repaired too. The house hasnt been lived in for the past 2 months so I guess things havent been used for awhile. We just ordered our minced beef, rice, and oats. I was proud of myself for going out to collect it and paying him all on my own! We feel like such babies again...not having the language.

We had a good time at our retreat, but are feeling a little tired from all the travel. The flight was only an hour yesterday and then a 20 minute drive to our house. Dave had a rough night crying a lot, but he is doing better today. I was woken up at 3:30am when the call of prayer started. I remember it getting louder around 5! Today was the first day of Ramadan. You can google that if you want to find out more about it. This is a holy month when they are fasting during the day. An interesting time for us to come thats for sure.

Maggie and Noah are doing good too. Maggie has had so much diarrhea, but it doesnt seem to bother her a bit. She has an ear infection. I am honestly not sure how she got it because I have been careful about putting drops in her ears after swimming, but I was able to get a nurse at the retreat to check her properly. She then gave me the extra antibiotics left over from the conference. So great! So I have some spare Amoxycilin! It is all powder though and I have to mix it up myself which makes me feel like a chemist!

Well...I better run. I have so many pictures to post, but I will have to wait. So much to be done and just not enough time to do it in!

No comments:

Post a Comment