Friday, March 9, 2012

A few things...

*I have been feeling so tried lately. I think it is taking me awhile to recover from Shane being gone. However, I had an awesome sleep in this morning and I feel so much better!

*We are going through another rough bit with David. He has had quite a few nightmares this week. He wakes up screaming and it takes us sometime to calm him down. This week he has been stuttering, and it has been ages since I have heard him stutter! He is really testing us as well.

*I just sent Noah off to a birthday party! He was so excited.

*Our friend's little girl, Okta (the one who was sick), is here at our house today. I am happy to report that she is all well again! Praise the Lord.

*Shane and I feel we have hit a little wall with our language study. It is pretty normal for this to happen. We have had it happen to us before. For so long, we have felt like we have been moving forward in leaps and bounds, but this past week, we have felt like we are crawling by and we just cant seem to remember the vocab or understand the new grammar we are learning. I'm ready for this plateau to pass!!!!

*There have been new teammates come and join our team here. They are not joining our specific team, but instead they are with the team that lives in our city. So for awhile, we are all together because the team here is our supportive team while we are doing language. Wow....they have hit culture shock hard. Takes me back a bit to our early days. They are a young couple without any children. They are also doing language in the afternoon at our school-so I interact with them a bit. Yesterday was their second day of class and the poor girl was in tears. They are having trouble finding a house as well. So all of that combined with people taking photos of them and harassing them to the smells at the market has just gotten to be too much. While trying to comfort them and encourage them, I cant help but think back. Once I think back, I see how much we ourselves have grown, and how we just cope differently now with life. Sometimes I think you can tell people everything you know, but it doesnt matter, God needs to take them on their own journey and they must discover things for themselves. Then and only then can they walk confidently leaning on the Lord.

*We are planning for Noah's birthday party next Friday. It's not actually his birthday till the 19th, but after next week, Noah has a week of school holidays. He wants to have his party at school. Pizza and cake! So we will be gearing up for that this week. He is have a Mickey Mouse cake and we are just going to order it from a bakery here (the same bakery we got Dave's tigger picture from for his cake). Because Noah's class consists of Locals, Koreans, and Chinese students, we have to give presents to all of the students in his class. The person who has the birthday gives the presents. So, I am working on that as well.

Well, I think that will do it for now. Thanks for always remembering us!

No comments:

Post a Comment